Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling questions and issues

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 09/05/2017 8:47 pm

After researching microneedling, I thought perhaps it might help the unevenness of my skin that was caused from years of acne.  However, I did read at this forum about one person who felt he looked worse after the process. Because of this I asked the technician to perform a test on my temple. That was last Thursday (August 31st). Four days later and it's still red, shiny and I swear the needled area is depressed.  In short it looks worse than it did prior to the treatment.

Do I just need to wait for a result or at least a return of my former appearance?  I've heard that one treatment is pretty much negligible so I'm hoping any negatives will dissipate. 

After.jpg

Before.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/06/2017 8:31 am

I would look into Infini RF or Vivance rf miconeedling over standard microneedling for you, Also You might want to try Tca peels first as this is highly textural (it will take a few). Collagen takes time, please give it some more weeks. Also hopefully you are using tretinorin nightly, buy it off ebay it will help with cell turnover.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 09/07/2017 4:39 pm

I would try subcision combined with the suction method.Buy a 3-1 diamond microdermabrasion machine (45w) to suction.

You have to needle every 8 weeks to allow collagen to reproduce.Collagen can take upto 6 months to produce to see good results,so the longer you wait inbetween each needling treatment,the better.

Arnica cream is good for redness but it dries your skin when using it.Don't use any moisturizer when using Arnica cream bc the cream won't be effective.

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 09/09/2017 12:24 pm

Thanks, guys. I was in the sun (walking) the next day with 70 spf suncreen but I think my skin may have burned a bit. It's still red just over a week later.
I'm not using tretinorin. I was given some hyaluronic gel, which I've been using on and off.

I thought with one treatment the collagen building process would start but I did not realize it could look worse if only temporarily.

I am weighing a visit to Dr. Novick in New York.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/12/2017 5:04 am

Agree with INFINI RF with subcsion in the same procedure. Why? You have rolling, tethered and anchored scars. Scars are 3D- Infini is a form of microneedling, but the technical aspects differ. Insulated needles produce controlled heating causing collagen remodelling . Insulation gives direct depth of penetration. More energy with Infini than say the Venus, secret or even Intensif systems. Subcision will address the horizontal aspects and tethering. 3-4 sessions then re-evaluate.

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 09/13/2017 9:27 pm

I am very disappointed with my Skinpen microneedling test experience. It mimicked another member's experience where his/her skin was said to look bumpier afterward. Mine certainly does and two weeks later it's still red with the scars even redder. I'm wearing make-up to cover the whole mess. I think collagen production was stimulated but only under the non scarred skin. Afterwards when I told a friend that I was going to address the roughness on my face, he said "Oh, you mean at your temple?" (!!!!)

Fortunately I only had the microneedling done on one temple as a test. If I'd done my entire face, I'd probably be on suicide watch.